We pride ourselves at staying in touch with our residential and commercial customers and making sure that they know what’s going on, whether it’s tips for saving energy or information about new power resources. And we like to be responsive to customers’ needs. So we occasionally have an independent research company conduct customer surveys to find out how we’re doing with our customers.
One of those surveys this summer showed we set a record for high satisfaction ratings among our residential customers compared to other utilities in California.
Among other questions, customers were asked about their overall satisfaction, their opinion about our rates and whether or not they trusted us to act in customers’ best interests.
The latest results found:
- Overall, 82 percent of customers surveyed said they were very satisfied with us, a full 15 points above the statewide utility average.
- Customers are pleased with rates, giving us an average of 7.8 on 0-10 scale, compared with 6.7 statewide.
- The value of electricity service for the price paid rated 8.2, a full 1.0 above the statewide average.
- Trust in us rated an 8.4 compared to average ratings between 6.9 and 7.1 statewide for other utilities.
- 89 percent of customers consider their relationship with us to be “excellent” or “pretty good.”
Our customers also gave us some very constructive feedback, such as a need for us to enhance our online customer service process and improve e-billing services.
We’re working on it! We’re working to update the current version of our e-billing service with a new release that fixes operational bugs and includes usability enhancements, while at the same time, searching the market for a better product.
Legend: Muni – other California public power utilities; IOU – California Investor Owned Utilities